Blog Template

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Oh, the Irony . . .

So, I haven’t been to church since NOVEMBER in an effort to protect my newborn from a dastardly season of RSV (according to my pediatrician). I told the pediatrician that I was ready to come out of hiding, that I had never been this extreme before (missing church for the entire winter, etc.). He said, “Well, the ‘bugs’ are peaking in March. We’ll see a lot of sick babies in April, too.” So, I stayed away from church and continued to wash my hands 40 times a day. And Elle got RSV. What-EV!! Luckily I caught it early, so she had the meds in her before the RSV peaked in her system (day 3). The liquid steroid was an experience . . . I had to try and bond with a new and crazy baby. And her appetite was out of control. Fun times.

2 comments:

Hacking Highlights said...

I can't believe Elle got RSV!! Well at least now you should feel justified in staying home all those months because she may have gotten it way worse and she was younger and less able to fight it off. That is a sad baby!! So cute!

Jacqui said...

Oh, that is so sad! How is she feeling? Have you had to do a nebulizer or oxygen? I swear, we can be so careful and our kids get sick. It seems like when let them run around outside in the snow without thier shoes on for a half and hour they NEVER get sick. But wash hands and be a hermit, and ya get RSV. I am sorry!! For you and that cute baby!