Blog Template

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

More California Adventures

One of our first rides was “Tower of Terror” at California Adventures. McKenzie had hyped that ride for years. I had never been to California Adventures, so I didn’t know what to expect. Cy was tall enough, so we jumped aboard. Now, I love thrilling, hard-core, scary rides, but I was not prepared for the terror that ride delivers. That was me. Now imagine sweet, cautious, sensitive, 5-year-old Cy. Cy was beyond terrified. Scarred for life was more like it. When we finally got off and were walking out of the building, I stopped to hug it out of him. Oh, the guilt. It took awhile. When he got some degree of composure, we tried to laugh about it by looking at the photo of us screaming our heads off. Next to us was a 60-something year-old man and his two 30-something daughters, who were telling him, “Dad, you’ve got to calm down. Calm down.” I told Cy, “See, that ride even scared that Grandpa!” The man heard me and turned to Cy with tears in his eyes, and choked out, “I almost had a heart attack! That’s one scary ride.” Cy smiled.

No comments: