Blog Template

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Inspiring Friends

I have been so inspired by the thoughtfulness and kindness of so many people dedicated to mourn with those who mourn. I record these examples hoping they will inspire my family to give whenever they see a need.

Flowers, balloons, stuffed animals, and gifts kept coming for days before and after the funeral.


Neighbors pooled their money and bought us these two paintings of Christ.
Some friends asked an artist to sketch this beautiful portrayal of Elle in Christ's arms. The artist drew the picture based on a photo of Rob holding Elle, which makes it even more special to me (if that's even possible). Then our friends made several copies in a smaller size for all of us to keep in our scriptures.

Aunt Meme and Cousin Sara made these awesome scrapbooks of Elle. Aunt Meme asked Cam to hand pick each photo for the smaller scrapbook.
A neighbor so generously donated and arranged all of the flowers for the funeral.

Child Life services helped the kids make these molds of Elle's hand and foot and make friendship bracelets for themselves and Elle.

A teenage girl up the street framed this picture of Elle, "You have to be perfect to get to the Celestial Kingdom. Luckily, we have great examples!" Rob and I also got some incredibly sensitive and loving letters and original poems from teenagers in the neighborhood and friends of M&M.

Two friends made these custom "Elle" necklaces for me and M&M.
A neighbor told me Elle reminded her of Goldilocks, so she brought our three boys these Three Bears :)

Our neighbor and his son Dennis Pitta, NFL Ravens tight end, took the boys out for ice cream and loaded them up with autographed photos, official NFL arm bands, Ravens helmet stickers, and Ravens hats.

M&M wanted in on the action.
A friend from Nebraska sent us this awesome photo canvas of our family.

The girls and I got a beautiful collection of Willow Tree angels, and Cousin Sara and a few friends bought me a pile of books on grief and the LDS perspective of death. Another friend from high school brought me a homemade book of quotes about our religious beliefs regarding death and children.


A neighbor compiled this leather-bound book of notes and details of the accident, hospital stay, and Elder Bednar's and Dr. Staker's visit, as well as church talks about Elle's situation given while we were in the hospital. He printed a book for each member in the family to keep.

A neighbor felt bad that I started crying on her porch, so she sent over a bottle of PINK body lotion and a gorgeous bracelet. (I'll have to cry on her porch again :)
Also pictured is another "Elle necklace" MK's friend made her that I have swiped and wear as often as possible.

But wait—there's more...

(to be continued...)

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That sketch of Elle in Christ's arms makes me cry. People are so wonderful. It's such an important part of the Plan that we are here together, to support and love one another. I think about your family daily. Not a time goes by that I pull onto Melody Creek Circle and don't think of you. I am constantly reminded that there is a plan for us. I tell myself, "If they hadn't have moved" or picture Elle in front of your house here, playing. But then I always pull into my garage with the peace that you were supposed to move, that what happened was part of His perfect plan. Thank goodness she has such wonderful parents who understand all of this and have the unwavering faith that you guys do.
This has been so hard. Love you!

Martell said...

I read Making Sense of Suffering when Liberty died. It's an amazing book. Helped me a lot :)