Blog Template

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rob's Letter to Elle and Funeral Talk

Elle,

I will forever miss your morning foot rubs, giving you piggy back rides to bed, and having you lay on my back. I will never forget your beautiful smile or your "angry face."

You had the rhythm of a girl destined to be an amazing dancer, and I look forward to the day that you get to perform for us.

I hope you have the most enormous closet ever made and it is filled with barbies, Disney  princesses, Justin Bieber dolls, dresses, necklaces, lip gloss, high heels, and an endless supply of hard Ramen and tag blankies!

Make sure you don't forget how to put the silverware away, because that's still going to be your chore when we are back together.

When you wanted to go play but had to do a chore, you would always say, "but that will take too long."  I feel the same when I think about having to wait to see you again, "but that will take too long!"

I love you,

Dad


An excerpt of Rob's funeral talk:
"If you are like me, this situation may have caused you to spend some time re-examining what is really important in life, and you possibly made commitments to be a better mom, dad, brother, sister, or friend and to treat others with a little more kindness, patience, love, and respect. This recommitment to more civility, compassion, and care for others is a gift that Elle has left each of us—our gift to her will be remembering these feelings and living accordingly."





























2 comments:

Martell said...

Truly heartbreaking. Elle is beautiful! We are praying for you, Rob, and your kids daily.

Jenni said...

That last picture brings tears to my eyes. Just...precious!