Blog Template

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Elle's 9th Angel Day, 2021

Top Golf it is!





And the new (to us) Slim Chickens


Nine years in, our family would much rather play and hang out together on Elle's Angel day than any other way to commemorate her. 

I've noticed the kids each dealing with their loss personally at different times and ways. I've been surprised how present the loss still is for each of them. In any given deep conversation with them, Elle's name will surface.

MK seems to be more fearful of losing relationships. Mia has nightmares and works hard to push it away.
Getty feels very tender about her and looks for ways to keep her in his thoughts and honor her.
Cy doesn't like to talk about his feelings in general, but in Elle's case, it seems like he misses her so much that he's afraid he won't be able to handle it. 
For Cam, he says he feels like he's matured quicker and that he has more empathy. 

Rob is still very reticent when it comes to conversations about her. He finds excuses to leave the conversation or shuts it down pretty quickly. 
For me, I try to keep thoughts of her at arm's length. If I do think of her, I try to direct my thoughts to our reunion, and the fact that I'm 51 and getting older and closer to the day.

Elle's Angel day happens to be on my sister Jen's birthday and is a few days away from my brother Nate's birthday, so we hosted a 43rd birthday party for him with the Briner side. He is dealing with his first year of grief over Morgan. It's been life changing.


No comments: