Blog Template

Sunday, January 9, 2011

If I Had My Druthers...

...we would stick to 1/hr. screen time a day. Rob is much more lenient. The kids understand our discrepancy, and so, if I'm not actively managing it, 1/hr. is thrown out the window.

...I would ban white bread in the house. But Rob hates wheat, and Rob packs the school lunches (these are two more reasons the kids love their dad).

...I would make the kids work more and give them less. Rob likes to supplement their budget whenever they "really" need it (read: ask for it nicely). And I would expect the kids to do their own chores and not regularly make deals with Dad for foot rubs.

So am I saying if I had it my way, my husband wouldn't have a vote? Because he does. They're his kids, too. And boy are they happy about that. Me too.

1 comment:

Jen V said...

Robs foot and back rubs have always cracked me up! We are opposite in our house - Patrick is the strict one and I am the push over (if you can believe that! our kids have a rough life!)
Has Rob/kids tried Orowheats "Oatnut" wheat bread? It's my absolute FAV! We haven't had white bread in the house since we moved to ABQ over 2 years ago (mainly b/c they don't sell Grandma Sycamore's bread here, but also b/c wheat is just a better choice)