Blog Template

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

In-lovable

Rob and I plopped down on our bed after he got home from work the other day and were discussing his job and options for his future career, and he looked over at me and said out of the blue, "...I love you."
It's always great to hear it spontaneously, but more especially because I've been working on being, what I call, more "in-lovable."
This consists of a few things: one, affection (we all know how husbands dig that :); two, listening to him without inserting my "judgment"; and three, negotiating in such a way as to give him as much of what he wants as possible without sacrificing what's most important to me. No convincing, arguing, all-or-nothing thinking—just respecting his wants as much as my own. I'm getting better at accepting Rob's opinion and mine. And building and resolving from there. Seriously, I know this is basic, but I'm just now grasping these concepts.
Rob's just lovable because he IS. (No fair. I have to work so hard at it....)

1 comment:

Linda Barton said...

Maybe the 'universe' balances things out....look at the many many things you don't have to work hard at. And now make a list of the one MAYBE two things you do. I think you still come out ahead...and I'll bet Rob thinks so too!