Blog Template

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Oh. No.

We left for one night. That was the night our toilet decided to keep on, keepin' on. It flooded into the master bathroom, under the wall to the carpeted hallway, through the kitchen ceiling and onto the (now warped) wood floor on the main level, and on down to the basement floor. Yipes.

Now what?
So, we live with several industrial dryers that blow day and night (LOUD, think airport runway loud) for 7-8 days on all three floors. (Ever experience sensory overload? Auditory exhaustion? [I made that last one up.]) Our kitchen gets quarantined, and we eat dinner out every night (yes!!!). Then comes the tricky part. The entire wood floor needs to be sanded down and refinished, not just the damaged part. This is a problem because our wood floor extends from the kitchen and breakfast nook, down the hallway to MK's room, and into the dining room. Lots of furniture to be moved. Toxic fumes. Can't stay here for three(?) days. Hmmmmm.
Hotel Waterpark?

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh, that's awful. I'm sorry you're having to deal with that! :( We had our upstairs bathroom run all night long, years ago in our other house, but the damage wasn't nearly that extensive. It still took 2 weeks before our house was fixed, and that was just to replace drywall, baseboards, repaint, replace carpet pad and clean the carpet. I hope your house is back to normal as quickly as possible!

Jacqui said...

I said the same thing as your title when I saw the pics! If it makes you feel any better, we've had two flood from the upstairs laundry room...but they were my fault for leaving the sink running. NOT a good feeling when the water starts dripping through the can lights in the kitchen. Our floor is warped, too, from those floods and our dishwasher flooding three times. So! If you get someone good to refinish your floor, let me know how it goes. We haven't done it because of the expense (no insurance claim...can I do that even if it was my fault?) and having to be gone. Go through it first and let us know, okay? :)

Til then, enjoy eating out!

Brit H. said...

Ugh!! How did I not know about this!?! New floors, just like Hackings. Guess we will have to go out of town again so that y'all can stay here...like they did. Sounds good to me!

Linda Barton said...

won't your insurance cover it? that would be terrible to have the damage and foot the bill. otherwise, looks like you get brand new stuff to me. Let us know if you need electrical help. (and by us I mean Brent :)

Marianne said...

Oh crap! Sorry about your floors! That sounds horrible. I hope you decide to stay at a hotel after all. (in Las Vegas, or New York, that' would be much more fun!)