Blog Template

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My favorite thing to consider...

Mosiah 2:41 is probably my favorite scripture in all of scripturedom. The Lord guarantees happiness. I wouldn't mind being happy for eternity.

I love that we're blessed temporally. Not necessarily wealth and not protection from anything destructive, but since we live as mortals in a physical realm with weather conditions; human limitations and vulnerabilities; and the principle of entropy requiring that we constantly maintain, organize, and repair everything in our environment; it's nice to know that's taken into consideration.

I love that we're blessed spiritually, because we are first and foremost spiritual beings. Our peace, our hope, our character, our capacity to love, our capacity to learn—these are blessed.

I love that the Lord promises we will in fact be blessed in ALL things. Everything we do, everything we try, every relationship, every challenge, every project, all things. Not blessed with success in all things, but blessed in the ways only God would know will, in actual reality, benefit us most in this life and beyond. And I trust God. And I definitely don't want to be left to my own strength. It's a scripture I want our kids to always remember and to trust in. It's foundational for faith in a loving God. I put it on our wall in vinyl lettering on the landing of the kitchen stairs, and Rob made the kids extra-large malts when they memorized it (Elle's still working on it...not really).

3 comments:

Linda Barton said...

dang, I thought I was your favorite thing to consider...;)
I love that scripture too.

Brit H. said...

I love that script. I love that it is plastered on your wall where your kids see it every single day. I love that you are my sister and that I get to benefit from your wisdom. I want MY kids to read that every single day too. I've been thinking that for a while now. Awesome.

Marianne said...

Awesome. Love it!!