Blog Template

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Resolutions, 2011

Most of my resolutions for 2011:
Spiritual
1. Consistent morning prayers, personal and family
2. Read B of M in 60 days, then maintain my normal scripture study schedule, because (lifetime goal) I want to be a "scriptorian"
3. Maintain temple attendance goal (because I need some peace and quiet in my life —haha)

Educational

1. Read a “best” book every month, because (lifetime goal) I want to be well-read. This month it's "A Mother's Book of Secrets," by Linda Eyre and Shawni Eyre Pothier.
2. Encourage kids to set goals and then review their goals with them on Momma Mondays or Popcorn Pillow Talks. I like Benjamin Franklin's practice of working on one concept a month to improve himself. I wonder if I can con my kids into doing it. And do you think they'd take suggestions? ;)

Emotional

1. Be Happy vs. Stressed. Track daily on calendar, H or S. This is my "concept" this month. (More on this later...)
2. Don’t blame yourself for things that are out of your control.
3. Be totally available for kids after school for one hour (minimum) with no distractions.
4. Trust the goodness in the kids.
5. Don’t say a negative word about anyone. (I don't think I have a big problem with this, but I'm going to track it as "ugly"[because it is] on my calendar because I don't ever want to do it.) So far I've been "ugly" once in the past two weeks—during my soccer game. Isn't it weird how sports bring out the crazy in us (ok, me)? Geez.

Physical Health

1. Maintain exercise schedule 3 times/week
2. Early to bed; early to rise. (Probably my toughest goal this year. I'm fighting a seriously resistant body clock. I can get up [because I have to, except on weekends when I don't get up til I am pushed out], but I just have not been able to force myself to get into bed before 11:30.)

Social/Friends

1. Be more affectionate with the older kids
2. Make regular contact with friends, because (lifetime goal) I want to have a lot of close personal and couple friends that we see often and have a lot of FUN with

So far, I've seen some progress and that gets me so excited! Hope it lasts... 

(BTW, is it kosher to use google images on your personal blog?....)

1 comment:

Linda Barton said...

Good job!! I am behind on your blog a bit. You never stop impressing me with your ability to stay positive and get back to positive after a negative streak. I need that right now. Good luck on the Book of Mormon, I have a strategy that works for me, 17 pages a day get you through it in one month. Very do-able once you start.
And in two short years I am taking you up on your offer to organize my house/life :)
I also am holding you to the maintaining personal relationships. I love you whether or not we speak for months but I sure love when we have more contact. I need you in my life more than you will ever realize!
I LOVE YOU!!!!
Linda